Top 5 Featured
The Top 5 Most Environmentally Friendly Vehicles for 2013
Top 5 Lowest
The Top 5 Countries with the Least Number of Women ministers (2008)
|Country||Percentage of Female Ministers|
|Papua New Guinea||3.6%|
Sources: Inter-Parliamentary Union, 2008. Women in National Parliaments.
List Notes: List is accurate as of March 31st, 2008. Does not include the 13 countries with no female ministers.
- The world average of women ministers in 2008 is 14.5%.
- World regional averages in 2008 are as follows: The Americas: 22.9%, Europe: 22.4%, Africa: 18.3%, Asia/Pacific: 9.1%, Middle East: 7.1%
- The 13 countries that have no female ministers in parliament as of March 31st 2008 are as follows: Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burma, Libya, Monaco, Nauru, North Korea, Palau, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu.
- There have been approximately 46 women prime ministers in the 20th century.
- The record average level of women ministers was reached in 1988 with 14.8% of women MPs in parliaments around the world.