Top 5 Featured
The Top 5 Most Environmentally Friendly Vehicles for 2013
Top 5 Best Selling
The Top 5 Best Selling Brands of Rum Worldwide
|Sales 2010||Percent Change||Status|
|Bacardi Rum||Bacardi |
|+ 3.7%||International brand|
|Tanduay Rum||Tanduay Distillers|
|McDowell's No1 Celebration||United Spirits|
|Captain Morgan Origional Spiced Rum||Diageo|
|+ 1.2%||International brand|
|Havana Club||Pernod Ricard |
|+ 14.9%||International brand|
Sources: The Drinks International Millionaires Club report 2011, various.
List Notes: Sales are for the year 2010 in millions of 9-litre cases. Percent change is from the year 2009.
- Rum is undoubtedly substantial in terms of volume and breadth of markets, but has tended to lag behind other categories, such as Scotch, in terms of its international and premium development. For a long time Bacardi was the only true international brand.
- The worldâ€™sleading rum brand Bacardi, a family-controlled spirits company, saw volumes decline for the fourth year in a row. Bacardi Limited is the largest privately held spirits company in the world.
- Havana Club (owned by Pernod Ricard a French company based in Paris) isn't for sale in the U.S. market for political reasons but it is available in over 120 countries with Spain, France, Greece, Chile and Russia being leading markets.
- Dark and gold rum dominates the sector, accounting for a 61.2% market share worth approximately $6.2 billion in 2007. However, demand for flavoured rum beverages, popularized by well known brands such as the Bacardi Breezer range, continues to grow.
- India holds the top slot as the biggest rum market in the world, accounting for an estimated 362 million litres in 2009 however this was mostly locally made brands.